Today marks the beginning of Human Rights Week, a fantastic opportunity to celebrate human rights and to double your human rights impact. Thanks to our generous sponsors, your donations will be matched – dollar for dollar this week only.
Your support enables us to stand up for freedom, respect, equality and dignity - in the courts, in the community, in parliament and at the United Nations.
In these challenging times, we need your support more than ever. Right now you can help us to:
- Keep the pressure on the government to end offshore processing on Nauru and Manus Island and push for humane alternatives for people seeking asylum,
- Get all kids out of Victoria’s maximum security adult prison and advocate for nation-wide youth justice reforms,
- Push for a parliamentary vote for marriage equality and other LGBTI equality amendments,
- Work in partnership with other Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander organisations to tackle the over-imprisonment of Indigenous peoples,
- End business involvement in offshore processing and push for a national action plan on business and human rights,
- Stop the erosion of protest rights and other democratic freedoms,
- Counter the threat to our racial vilification laws and attacks on multiculturalism.
Donations from passionate human rights supporters are absolutely critical to our impact.
Donate now to have your donation doubled.
Thank you for your commitment and ongoing support,
Hugh de Kretser
Human Rights Law Centre