Universal Periodic Review of Australia in January 2011 – NGO Materials
29 October 2010
Australia is due to be reviewed under the Universal Periodic Review on 27 January 2011.
In July 2010, a coalition of non-government organisations (NGOs) from across Australia prepared a joint NGO submission to the Universal Periodic Review of Australia. The submission was prepared with substantial input and guidance from a high-level NGO Working Group and was endorsed, in whole or part, by 68 organisations.
To assist States, NHRIs and NGOs to participate in the Universal Periodic Review of Australia, the NGO coalition has prepared a range of thematic fact sheets.
- Cover Page
- Fact Sheet 1 – Constitutional and legislative framework
- Fact Sheet 2 – Equality and non-discrimination laws
- Fact Sheet 3 – Women’s rights
- Fact Sheet 4 – People with disability
- Fact Sheet 5 – Children’s rights
- Fact Sheet 6 – Sexual and gender identity
- Fact Sheet 7 – Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
- Fact Sheet 8 – Refugees and asylum seekers
- Fact Sheet 9 – Culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- Fact Sheet 10 – Administration of justice
- Fact Sheet 11 – Housing and homelessness
- Fact Sheet 12 – Poverty
- Fact Sheet 13 – Mental health care
- Fact Sheet 14 – Counter-terrorism
- Fact Sheet 15 – Police
- Fact Sheet 16 – Prisoner and prison conditions
- Fact Sheet 17 – Extraterritorial obligations
A consolidated version of all of the Fact Sheets is also available.
Further information on Australia’s review under the UPR process is available at here.